MOOC Internet of Things with Microcontrollers: a hands-on course
30 Mar 2020
Discover, program and experience the IoT through theory & activities using RIOT and the FIT IoT-LAB testbed.
This online course, available in english or french, provides an introduction to the IoT and hands-on experience in programming connected objects. It offers theoretical inputs and practical activities using the RIOT OS and the FIT IoT-LAB testbed. Participating in this course does not require any specific hardware or software installation.
The course is accessible to any developer, engineer, student or maker who has programming bases (C and/or Python or Bash) and prior knowledge of the Linux system (command lines). It is organized in 5 parts (modules) which allow to acquire knowledge on the hardware, software and communications protocols commonly used in IoT. You will progressively put your theoretical learnings into practice by remotely programming the microcontrollers of the FIT IoT-LAB testbed. The course also includes a module dedicated to securing connected objects.
Each participant will be able to :
- remotely access the FIT IoT-LAB testbed from his or her computer, free of charge and without prior software installation,
- discover IoT standards and test the RIOT operating system with the help of their designers and contributors,
- develop, test and reuse your own IoT applications on other experimental platforms.
The educational content was developed by engineers, researchers and teachers from CNRS, Hauts-de-France Polytechnic University and Inria.
- Course dates : march 30 - may 25, 2020
- Registration deadline : may 17, 2020
- Information & registration